Discussion Forum Redesign
Users can post to the discussion forum as themselves rather than anonymously. They can also add links and attachments to their posts where previously they were only able to add text. And we've added some design improvements for a cleaner look.
How It Works
- As users scroll through the discussion feed, they'll be able to see who's posted what (unless the user has chosen to post anonymously).
- Users can search posts from the search box in the upper right.
- Users can easily add their own questions to the feed by clicking in the "Ask your question here" box at the top of the question feed.
- Users can embed links in their text by clicking the link icon in the upper left.
- They can also add attachments by clicking the "Add Attachment" button in the lower right.
- Finally, users can choose to post as themselves rather than anonymously. Note that posting anonymously is still the default.
Remind your community about the Discussion Forum
Share this handy infographic with your community to make sure everyone knows how the Discussion Forum works and is comfortable using it. Post on your Resources Page, email to your community, or share on social media.
Highlighted Help Topics
In the interest of making sure initial meetings between mentees and mentors are as focused as possible, we've added badges to help topics that mentors are interested in. This will help mentees to get a better idea of where the mentor’s interests lie and potentially choose a help topic that both are interested in.
How it works
- When setting up their account, mentors typically choose some areas they're particularly interested in discussing with potential mentees.
- When a mentee requests a meeting with a mentor, they're asked to choose some topics to discuss (we've found this helps give the initial conversation some structure).
- Mentees will see small blue badges next to the help topics the mentor has expressed interest in (see image) . Mentees can, of course, still choose any of the other help topics if they prefer.
We've expanded booking options in the calendar – users now have better options to choose from in setting scheduling limits and meeting length.
How change your calendar settings
- Open the drop down menu from your account profile button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Calendar Linked box, and select the green Calendar Settings button.
- Use the drop down menus to change your default meeting length and select a minimum scheduling notice.
- Click Save Changes in the lower right corner.
Mobile Site Improvements
- We've optimized our mobile site for easier navigation. Optimizations include page layout and button placement.
That's it for February. Check back in mid-March for our next product update.