2. Objective and Scope
3. Collection of Personal Information
When we refer to ‘Personal Information’ we mean any information related to a particular individual who we identify (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual or natural person. This includes direct identifiers such as your name, postal address, email address, and mobile number, and also includes all other information which is linked to that information such as your profile information, etc.
3.1 Information provided by you
We may ask for and you may choose to provide the below information, which may include Personal Information when you use or register on PeopleGrove Platform/Service and create an account and use any of the features or services available on the Platform or contact us directly:
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Age or date of birth
- Education History
- Work History
- Other data fields set up by PeopleGrove or our partners which can be visible on your profile or used for mentor matching (you will have control over which data is visible by visiting your profile)
3.2 Information we collect automatically
We and certain partners/third parties on our behalf may collect information about you and your use of our Platform, your interactions with us, as well as information regarding your computer or other smart/mobile device used to access our service. The information may be collected using tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons, etc and may include:
- Your interactions with our emails, communications, messages;
- Your interactions with our customer support such as the date, time, and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- Device and software information such as device id, device model, platform, type of operating system, installed version, time zone setting, mobile carrier, screen resolution, etc., and other unique identifiers;
- We capture information related to the performance of the Platform, such as crash logs, build analytics, and other performance statistics generated when you use the Platform
Data collected on the PeopleGrove platform is on behalf of our Partners, and our Partners retain ownership of the data you provide on this Platform as a hosting service and/or data processor. If you do not agree to give ownership of your data on the PeopleGrove platform to our Partner who is operating this site, please contact [email protected] to delete your account and all associated data.
3.3. Information we collect through third party sources
We may obtain your Personal Information from other sources. If you choose to link, connect, or log in to our Platform using a social media platform like Facebook, LinkedIn or Google the social media platform may send us your profile and social information such as Email, Name, and other profile data provided by the social media platform.
3.4 Information we collect via Personal Communication Using the PeopleGrove Platform.
We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. For example, the main purpose of the PeopleGrove platform is to communicate with other individuals on the platform. When connecting with an individual using the Service, you may be exchanging personal information with that individual, such as email or phone numbers. The content of communications on PeopleGrove is stored by PeopleGrove. PeopleGrove and our Partners reserve the right to screen the content of communications on the platform to improve the Service and prevent spam and abuse.
4. Purpose of Processing
We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have a lawful basis to do so. Our lawful basis for processing your Personal Information will vary depending on your country, the context in which we collect and use it, and the following examples give you a guide as to which basis we think applies (but if the context changes or other circumstances arise then the lawful basis may also change). Our primary purpose in collecting your information, including Personal Information is to deliver the PeopleGrove Platform/Service and its various features. Please note that should you choose to not provide us consent to collect your information, including Personal Information, we may not be able to perform the contract with you. Where we refer to ‘perform the contract’ we mean the Terms of Service apply to your use of the PeopleGrove Platform/Service, which means that you may either not be able to access certain features of the PeopleGrove Platform/Service or we may not be able to provide you the PeopleGrove Platform/Service in entirety. For example, we use your information where we need the Personal Information to perform the contract with you (for example, to provide the Platform or our services to you) to:
- If the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we rely on your consent as a lawful basis for processing personal data to provide you with marketing or promotional communications.
- We process personal data to provide you with services as requested by our Partners or to perform our contract with you as described in this document, including:
- To enable the Service to function as expected; and
- To communicate with you in response to customer service inquiries and to deliver non-promotional, service-related emails.
- Additionally, we process personal data based on our “legitimate interests” in providing you the Service as described in this document including:
- Register you on our PeopleGrove Platform and create an account
- Allow you to Sign Up / Log In using social media accounts like Facebook/Google etc
- To connect users on the platform for mentoring and networking purposes
- To process event registrations, job applications, and surveys
- In some cases, PeopleGrove may process personal information pursuant to a legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Provide you with customer or technical support including addressing support queries related to, but not limited to, data processing, or to diagnose any problems with our servers/systems, etc.
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- Confirming your identity if you are exercising legal rights;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us/our distributor.
- When you access or use the Services or send any data, query, request, or communication to us via our Support email, you understand that you are communicating with us electronically and that we may respond via electronic means from us, such as by email.
5. Information Disclosure/Sharing
5.1 Service Providers
In the event of any requirement by court order, government, or quasi-government agency to disclose your Personal Information, we will disclose information as may be legally required. We may also disclose your Personal Information if we, in good faith believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes. In the event PeopleGrove is merged with or acquired by another company or in case of reorganization or restructuring of the business, we and our affiliates may share your Personal Information, wholly or in part, with another business entity. PeopleGrove does not share your data with any third parties for marketing or data mining purposes.
6. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. Under applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
6.1 Managing Your Information
You can access some of your Personal Information through the ‘My Profile’ section of the Platform after a successful login. You are responsible for providing us with your accurate Personal Information and keeping your Personal Information up-to-date. You may also request your account to be deleted by visiting the ‘My Preferences’ section of your account.
6.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You can ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information concerning you by sending us an email to our support email address ([email protected]).
6.3 Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your Personal Information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of Personal Information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible). You can issue such a request by contacting us via the provided support email ([email protected]).
6.4 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
For data that we collect, and process based on permissions or consent obtained from you, you may withdraw your consent at any time to receive marketing or promotional communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within PeopleGrove email updates and changing your contact preferences. Note there are some emails which you may not unsubscribe from (such as message requests) and you must delete your account to stop these emails. You can also issue such a request by contacting us via the provided support email ([email protected]), or by visiting the ‘My Preferences’ section of your account on the Platform.
6.5. Data Retention and Erasure
We retain your Personal Information as long as necessary for providing you the services and as per the lawful basis of processing and to comply with our legal obligations. In particular, when determining how long we retain personal data, we take into account how long we need it to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims; and
- Deal with any complaints regarding the Platform/any services provided on the Platform.
If you no longer want us to use your information, then you can request that we erase your Personal Information and close your Platform account. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you) by emailing to [email protected]. Please note that if your request for the erasure of your Personal Information:
- We may retain some of your Personal Information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Platform account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for legal reporting and auditing obligations.
Note: Users located within the EEA may contact us at [email protected] with questions or requests regarding their personal information. Please note that PeopleGrove may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any personal or account information.
7. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly permit any person who is under 13 years of age to register or to provide any other personally-identifying information. Please do not register with us if you are below 13 years of age. If we become aware that any Personal Information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the Platform without verified parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete any such information.
8. Data transfer, storage & processing globally
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your Personal Information. If you know or have reason to believe that your account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please (See Contact Information below). The PeopleGrove Platform uses commercially reasonable security practices and procedures industry practices and procedures designed to help keep your Personal Information safe and secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our PeopleGrove Platform/Service; any transmission is at your own risk. We will also ensure, on a commercially reasonable efforts basis, that any agent or third party that we employ complies with the same security standards as we do for the protection of your Personal Information.
11. Privacy Shield Compliance
13. Contact us
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit one of our Sites, to the extent you agree. The other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our Sites. This allows our sites to recognize your device from those of other users of the Sites. The information provided below about cookies also applies to these other tracking technologies. You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
First and Third-party Cookies
“First-party Cookies” are cookies that belong to us and which we place on your device. “Third-party Cookies” are cookies that another party places on your device through our site. PeopleGrove may contract with third-party service providers to send emails to users who have provided us with their contact information. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our email communications, and/or to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on, the third-party service providers may place cookies on the devices of these users. We use the following types of cookies:
|Strictly Necessary/Technical||These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged in/out to access site/platform content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites/Platforms.|
|Analytical/Performance||These Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyze how the Sites are used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what content is most frequently visited, watch history, and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with the Sites, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.|
|Functionality||These Cookies let us operate the Sites/Platform in accordance with the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to “remember” you in-between visits. For instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized the sites/platform and services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages, and other parts of web pages that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.|
If you do not want Cookies to be saved on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section; Please note that if your browser setting is already setup to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Sites. If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the sites/platforms from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above. For more information on the development of user-profiles and the use of targeting/advertising Cookies, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are located in Europe or www.aboutads.info/choices if in the United States.